Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. Built by experienced developers, it takes care of much of the hassle of Web development, so you can focus on writing your app without needing to reinvent the wheel. It’s free and open source.
- Ridiculously fast – Django was designed to help developers take applications from concept to completion as quickly as possible.
- Fully loaded – Django includes dozens of extras you can use to handle common Web development tasks. Django takes care of user authentication, content administration, site maps, RSS feeds, and many more tasks — right out of the box.
- Reassuringly secure – Django takes security seriously and helps developers avoid many common security mistakes.
- Exceedingly scalable – Some of the busiest sites on the Web leverage Django’s ability to quickly and flexibly scale.
- Incredibly versatile – Companies, organizations and governments have used Django to build all sorts of things — from content management systems to social networks to scientific computing platforms. — from Django’s Overview page.
Next Open Source Tuesday will feature the FreeNAS project.