GtkStressTesting is a free and open source Linux system utility application. With it, you can test and monitor various hardware components like CPU and RAM. GtkStressTesting has a wealth of information with usage monitors, temperature sensors, and the motherboard itself.
GtkStressTesting was created by developer Roberto Leinardi and its source code is on his GitLab & Github (mirror of GitLab) pages. This is also where you can learn all about the application. GtkStressTesting is released under the GNU General Public License Version 3.
GtkStressTesting (GST) – System Utility
GST is a GTK system utility designed to stress and monitor various hardware components like CPU and RAM.Run different CPU and memory stress tests
- Run multi and single core benchmark
- Show Processor information (name, cores, threads, family, model, stepping, flags,bugs, etc)
- Show Processor’s cache information
- Show Motherboard information (vendor, model, bios version, bios date, etc)
- Show RAM information (size, speed, rank, manufacturer, part number, etc)
- Show CPU usage (core %, user %, load avg, etc)
- Show Memory usage
- Show CPU’s physical’s core clock (current, min, max)
- Show Hardware monitor (info provided by sys/class/hwmon)
Source: Roberto Leinardi’s GtkStressTesting GitLab page
Next Open Source Tuesday will feature the coreboot project.