Roundcube is a web-based free and open source webmail software program. It is written in PHP and is typically installed on a LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) stack. The first version was released in 2008, and the lastest stable version is Roundcube 1.3.
Roundcube webmail is a browser-based multilingual IMAP client with an application-like user interface. It provides full functionality you expect from an email client, including MIME support, address book, folder manipulation, message searching and spell checking.
- Multilingual capabilities
- Find-as-you-type address book
- Richtext/HTML message composing
- Searching messages and contacts
- Canned response templates
- Int. domain names (IDNA)
- Shared folders and ACL
- Full featured address book
- Extensible using the Plug-in API
— from Roundcube’s home page.
Next Open Source Tuesday will feature the Debian project.